Archives

Be sure to check the archives on the right side of the page for older blogs..

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I guess i got lucky here LOL
     Wow was yesterday a long one.
I decided i would take an early job, 98 miles away and go ALONE...
I got up at 4am took my meds drank some coconut oil drank some coffee took an energy drink and off I went.
I actually arrived early...
I must admit i did struggle.
This was a complicated voice over ip conversion on a system I have not worked on in over a year on a site that was not conventional.
Lucky for me, the paperwork they sent had issues, the manager got stuck in a 2.5 hour conference call, and the guys on the bridge where very understanding an patient...
Some of the directions on this ticket where vague to say the lease, some where down right difficult to interpret....
So my 6 hours turned into 8.5 hours....
Lucky for me, where issues causing delays so I could keep up lol.
I lost 7 pounds, drank 4 liters of liquid and today I can barely walk. But I made it through the day and actually picked up supper on the drive home??
I barely made it in the door though...
We ate dinner and i passed out in the chair in the living room closing the ticket on line...
I don't know if they are going to compensate me more for the overtime or not... But I was happy to make it through this one...
I had about 20 times that i had to stop drop and roll so to speak to get my brain rebooted so i could focus on what I was doing. When i get this nervous I start sweating like I'm in a sauna... So i was pretty tired when I got done...
I managed to sneak away for about 10 minuted to grab a burrito and another 2 liter of diet coke lol...

As i get further down this rabbit hole i wonder how much longer I can work.
The jobs I do are extremely technical and , up until now, have always been easy for me.
Now, i find myself having to read and re read everything and question myself if I am sure this is what they want. Partially because technology is getting so diversified and there are so many different ways to do things, and secondly because of this darn cognitive issue..
I notice more each day how difficult it is to state simple sentences .
I almost hear myself saying, "that's not what I wanted to say"...
Some days are better than others...
I notice it depends on how bad the nightmares are the night before....
There seems to be a definite link between lack of good sleep and brain function...
Coffee and chocolate seem to help. Honey...
I hate that working a full day means I cant work the next day because i have o "recover" sometimes up to three or four days if it is a long enough day...
A new development is in typing..
I noticed i feel like I'm typing the whole word but about every 6-7th word has 2-4 letters missing?
I have auto notify on so it shows all my easily recognizable errors as underlined in red, however it is frustrating...
My dyslexia seems to be getting worse as well..
Destractibility factor exponentiation of course is doubling.
Guess im going to go have lunch with my awsome wife now..
Squirrel LOL.

I'll be back........
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment