Archives

Be sure to check the archives on the right side of the page for older blogs..

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Good afternoon,
    
     I pray that this day finds all of you well.
I was ill for two days and my wonderful soul mate and wife was ill last night.
Today is God and family day.
I wanted to thank all of my blood family, family by marriage, and my family of choice.
I also wanted to thank all of you wonderful friends that have stuck by me all these years.
My oldest Friend Gregory Bullero I have lost tack of, someplace in New Jersey. Next would be Tom and Virginia Rosenberger from Petrolia Texas, next January it will be 40 years since Tom and I forged our friendship in a parking lot in Texas. Virgina was this awesome girl i had met and I needed to introduce hr to him so he could see this girl I had fallen in love with. He must have understood, they where married a few months later and are still married to this day..
Next oldest would be James Bell  and his lovely wife Kristy , AKA The Bell's.
James was a 702 and cross trained to  load master then flight engineer when we where in the Air Force back in the day..
He was a load master and I was front end and we formed a friendship after he lost his girlfriend in a horrible accident... He was convinced he would  never recover and my job as his friend was to assure him he would not only recover, but find someone to help him move on..
Eventually he met this girl at a pizza delivery and, well , the rest is kismet lol.
She is truly his soul-mate sent by God himself and he is a very happy blessed man.
Then there is My friends from h gulf war.. They where younger Airman and i was not supposed to socialize with them, never mind love them like my own children, but i did any way, Katey Triplett and Sean P Setter and Katharine Setter where my family of choice during the gulf war 1.   We Cared about each other and checked on each other every day and made sure we all had whatever we needed and spent some quality time together despite the unusual surroundings of the hot desert and the stress of the environment and tenseness of the people we where thrown together with. We where family. No one could take that from us. We still remain in contact this day after 21 years. I Love you like my own children and am proud of all that you have accomplished  despite all the hurtles thrown your way.

There are many more people in my life from the Penny Pogrants that never really understood me , but where there for me anyway, to Mike Rushin that wrote to me in Germany welcoming me back to the U.S after my 5 years over there and whom i have traditionally had lunch with once a week now since 1994. We shared many secrets in our military positions both because of our special top secret mission's to panama, and for other job related secrets due to our top secret sci clearances, he has remained a friend through think and thin even to the point of almost going to prison with me to protect someone... ( sorry its classified lol)
People from my childhood Like Peggy Detweiler     
who refused to marry me for all the wrong reasons lol breaking my heart, but helping me to make the decision to go into the military and volunteer for Vietnam...
So many people so little space here.
Thanks Herbert Guy Gomez III (Trey Gomez) for saving my life by stopping me from playing Russian roulette with my 357 magnum in 1998. long story there... My mothers sudden death pretty much destroyed my life... It took a long time to recover..


There are many people over the years that made my life memorable and I thank you all
right up to my cousin Jeanette Plunkett who came all the way to Abilene to ride with me to Amarillo to make sure i made it back... You cant get better friends than these people....

I'm just saying.....

Thank you

Sorry so erratic, I started this yesterday afternoon and just now finished it....

welcome to my weorld...

nite everyone LOVE YOU ALL!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment