Archives

Be sure to check the archives on the right side of the page for older blogs..

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Another day in paradise...

    Well; i yelled at my lovely wife today.

I pray she can get a grip on all this.
She is so smart yet so sensitive.
We where out at Dyess air force base.
A young lady had scheduled a Scentsy slash VELATA part out there today and my lovely wife is an area representative for that company>>
I accompany her on all her endeavors and we has her car all packed up and we where all ready to go...
Unfortunately, they have rebuilt the housing area at Dyess since I was out there and we had a difficult time getting around in the housing area.. My lovely wife grew impatient with my attempts to locate the address and turned on her in-phone GPS,  typed in the address and it started spouting out directions then locked up ( Murphy"s law) now Frank's law stating that Murphy was an optimist; right then a base cop showed up, i got nervous and yelled, well; "if you don't know how to use it , why turn it on????"... Wow was that me???
Anyway i tried to apologies, but that's not effective with my lovely. First off she is already hard of hearing, then has selective hearing when i make her upset.. So, i continued to putter around until she got it to work and I followed it and muttered stupid utterances until we finally located the house.
Franks law being what it is; the girls husband had just came back from Afghanistan a week late after her not seeing him for almost a year and, well; she was not about to answer the door...

So, back in the car, off to burger King for lunch , then, off to the airplane museum on base to look at some of the planes I used to fly on then off to get hay for the sheep and home...

Yes I said sheep! James...
Some how, some way,. someone talked us into taking on 5 sheep.
Well, they said goats and there where 2.
Then they texted and said 3, then OK maybe four, eventually 4 and a baby, and then they got here and they said oh, did we say goats, sorry... They look like goats, eat like goats, but, they are Barbados sheep...??!!

Our 30 year old daughter got to putting up a temporary fence, we got some feed and  well; now I'm a darn sheep herding rancher lol.
I guess if it was good enough for Moses, it's good enough for me..

I don't know how or why, but some how, going out there every day and talking to those animals and feeding them gives me a weird sense of purpose. I've been looking for a long staph to carry and started growing a beard LOL...
Before this disease , if you said hey frank why not herd sheep, I would have laughed and went back to playing call of duty....
i have not played much lately...
Guess I need to do that
The guys in there don't really seem to believe i have it yet..
Although when i have one of my fits and yell they seem to time out lol
maybe they are starting to get the picture???
I can still kick their buts a few games a nite
the first game or two is usually ugly, I get clobbered for a bit, once I get into the rhythm though i can usually end up one of the top 3 out of 12...
I have been online gaming with some of them for 7 years and we know how each other plays and it makes for an interesting game..
We have a group called a Clan. from the old Scottish mores battlement days
we are the Clan RTTC
rotten to the core
Most of the guys are older , some are handicapped in one way or another, but more than make it up in other areas as is Gods way...
I love each of them in a different way and enjoy the fellowship and camaraderie almost as much as my 25 years in the military..
This has taken my about 6 hours to type , so I'm going to go to bed now.
I apologies for the random thought patterns and sporadic pathways of my mind. but that's how it works inside this maze
My God bless and protect each and every one of you.
Please tell everyone in your life how special they are, before they are gone, and that opportunity is gone with them...
good night and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment