Archives

Be sure to check the archives on the right side of the page for older blogs..

Friday, October 26, 2012

The best I can


That picture is even more true this wee.
It felt more like a month than a week.
I started the week with a tickle in my throat and ended up feeling like i have the plague...
I have a new care giver/helper.
I think God sent her to me... I have known her for years, but did not really know her.
She knows computers and Alzheimer's , so there ya go, perfect for the job of my caregiver and helper at work. She has over 8 years as a caregiver for and AD couple and she stayed with them to the end..
I know I am going to have to stop working, probably sooner than I even want to think of.
However, having her with me makes my have renewed joy and hope.
I realize however, Had i not had her with me this past week, i might have ended up in the hospital, or worse.
It culminated yesterday afternoon on the way back from a short trip to San Angelo.
The contract was not a difficult one, either mentally or physically to speak of., I did have to make depressions and solve a few issues to make the best of the contract and satisfy both the buyer of the product, and the manufacturer of it that was paying me to get it all installed, set up and working.
The end user decided he liked it so much he wanted to start using it.... NOW.. usually, they are  told to train on it for a week before their second stage, advanced training they are given 7 days after we install it and set it up.... But he liked it so much he wanted to use it NOW... That meant, in two hours, when they normally opened, we had to train him, get all the changes made to the software to make up for any miscommunications that occurs normally from the time the person orders the equipment from the sales man till that day we actually deliver it.
Small things like the managers private cell number on all the receipts given out to every customer to daily specials overlapping causing higher than desired discounts, making the customers happy, but not the owner... and they are OUR clients.
I was fortunate that Crystal can be left alone to finish a task without being constantly supervised like so many other assistants I have had over the past 40 years. Watching them like a hawk makes the job just take that much longer...
I spent one day this week without her since it was only in Abilene and Sweetwater, and i never finished the day.
I was completely exhausted by the second of three sites I could not continue and had ran out of day...
I had to reschedule for next month as i was spent...
This week wore me out so bad I could not work today.
It took everything i had to make it to town to have lunch with my wonderful Wife and Friend and Partner and caregiver Koren...
I thank God for having sent her to me and my cranky cousin Jeanette for introducing us.
My cousin and her husband are having difficulties with my disease especially since i have progressed so quickly this past year. I can;t seem to do the simplest thing these day's...
I went for 7 years without seeing all that many changes and then this past year i have been hit by a train almost...
I think stopping my medicine and then changes in life circumstances has sped things along...
My entering and remaining in denial for three years did not help..

This week my symptoms are getting worse.
 ( walking is truly a challenge this week) (more on that in another post)
Now i am having a more difficult time spelling..  I seem to want to spell in British English instead of American English??? I only actually lived there for three years, however, I have been traveling there for many years (* since 1975) And flew into there quite often while living in Germany for 5 years...
I remember one year my 2nd wife and i went over after gulf war 1 for a week for R&R .
WE stayed at Saint James   court in west minster just a few blocks from The royal palace...
I remember getting the awful headache while driving north to take her to see my old home in Bletchington.
I could not imagine why my head hurt until the return drive to London...
Apparently i was translating the British road signs into German and the into English while driving at 70 plus miles an hour and it was making my head hurt... LOL so i decided to stop doing that for the remainder of the week and my head felt fine. however, i just hope i didn't memorize all those words and now will always spell them in Her Majesty's English instead of good old American English lol
Typing is ridiculous now as well. i have to stop about every 10 seconds and beg mister spell and grammar check to please decipher what i just chicken scratched.. i miss most of the word now and then and scramble the order as well.
The last typing test I took was a few years ago and it was 160 words a minute at 98 percent accuracy.
Last week i did one.. I am embarrassed to say.... my worst attempt was late in the day and was 11 words a minute at 50 percent, my best was 80 words a minute at 60 percent accuracy... That was around 10 am after four cups of coffee and some chocolate cupcakes (several)  lol

So, if i wait until late to type this blog, I'm pretty much screwed.
This one today I started at 2,,,
I think I'm going to start calling this decease, but first decease, lol...
Karen gave me the idea today. She said i always have good intentions of getting things done, but first......

OK my brain is shrinking i can feel it, so off for more coffee and chocolate so i can prepare for her to come home, my 4 alarms are going off to tell me I'm supposed to be doing something....
Now, if i could just remember what it is lol...
Love you all!!!!
Please be patient with me, I am doing the  best I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment